We are very proud to announce the opening of the Stella Bella Children’s Centre, an exciting new concept for care and education of young children aged 0-5 years.
The centre is operated by the Stella Bella Little Stars Foundation, a non profit organisation in Canberra.
Opened in March 2017, in Maryborough Street Fyshwick, our centre is an all inclusive childcare facility offering mainstream childcare rooms, and a specialized respite and occasional care unit for chronically ill (non contagious) babies and children.
Our unique centre will offer:
- Long day care in the mainstream rooms and occasional and respite care in the special care unit.
- A flexible and family centered approach to service delivery encouraging parental input into the unique care requirements for each child.
- Beautiful, Steiner influenced rooms and gardens to encourage self directed play, learning and adventures in a variety of nature inspired spaces.
- A holistic approach to care and learning, including the natural and social environment, nutrition and physical health.
- A multi disciplinary team of staff including early childhood educators and health professionals, with a focus on continual staff skills enhancement.
- Wholesome, delicious meals and snacks provided by our in house cook, using fresh produce picked from our own gardens.
- Hospital grade standards in hygiene practices and cross infection prevention.
- Opportunities for children with complex medical conditions to experience the joys of childhood in a safe, happy and nurturing environment and to provide their caregivers with much needed respite. Each child’s specific care needs will be taken into consideration with a care plan made in consultation with the parents or carers.
- The opportunity for children with no health issues to benefit from our creative childcare structure and to learn about inclusion and diversity in their community.
- Assistance in reducing isolation for families with a chronically ill child.
- Extra care services, and opportunities for all of our children and families to participate in regular family events and to be part of a kind, caring and inclusive community.
Stella Bella Children’s Centre is a registered childcare centre and is bound by the The Education and Care Services National Regulations. For more information on the National Law and Regulations please visit:
We are very excited to have launched this wonderful new concept in children’s education and care, and welcome you to join us on our journey.
For more information on our centre, our fee structure, or to place your child’s details on our waiting list, please contact Call (02) 6280 9640 or email firstname.lastname@example.org